The top 5 reasons people don't get work done
Procrastination is a constant drag in many people's daily lives. Getting rid of the things that block getting work done is both an art and a science. Like anything you wish to excel at you need to put in daily practice to master focus and become the master of procrastination. Let's look at the top 5 reasons people don't get work done:
- Perfectionism – The need to make everything just right can be a huge barrier to getting started on any task. If you're waiting for the perfect conditions to begin, you'll never get anything done.
- Procrastination – Putting off until tomorrow what can be done today is a recipe for never getting anything accomplished. Learn to recognize your procrastination triggers and find ways to work around them.
- Distractions – It's easy to get sidetracked when there are so many demands on our attention these days. Turn off the TV, log out of social media, and give your full focus to the task at hand.
- Lack of Motivation – It can be hard to get excited about a task that feels like it's more work than fun. Find something about the task that you can appreciate and focus on that.
- Time Management Issues – If you're constantly running out of time, it's time to take a look at your schedule and see where you can make some changes. Prioritize the tasks that are most important and learn to say no to the things that aren't.
By recognizing the reasons why you don't get work done, you can start to find ways to overcome them. Take small steps and be patient with yourself – focus on making progress, not being perfect. And soon you'll find that you're getting more done than you ever thought possible!!!